"The Verimark brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands in Southern Africa."
When Verimark opened its doors for the first time in 1977, it was with a staff of 2 people, a capital base of R5,000 and a dream of building a company that would bring the best innovations to the South African consumer.
Today, 36 years later, we look back and we are proud that we have lived our dream, in fact we believe we have excelled well beyond it! We not only employ around 1200 people, but the Verimark brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands in Southern Africa and in many other parts of the world.
Verimark today is also rated the market leader on the African continent. This is no surprise, given the company's rare ability to continuously bring more unique, innovative, and top quality products to the ever-increasing millions of consumers that aspire to the ultimate lifestyle. While many companies claim to deliver "quality and service", Verimark's genuine pursuit of "only the very best", has clearly differentiated the company from the rest. Our Product range covers Housewares, Health and Fitness, DIY, Automotive, and Beauty and Educational Toys.
Verimark is today ranked as the largest buyer of TV airtime compared to any other DRTV company in SA, and AC Nielsen recently listed Verimark as the 8th largest buyer of TV airtime in SA. Even when comparing all advertising mediums in SA for the period January – December 2012, Verimark was ranked 27th in the top 50 advertisers and for the period January – August 2013 Verimark currently ranked 32nd in the top 50 advertisers (as listed in the Financial Mail annual report sourced from AC Nielsen) – none of our competitors have made this year’s top 50 list over the period and we still expect to improve our position considering our increased TV advertising activities during the November, December and January months. This is testament to Verimark’s continuous and aggressive marketing of all its products.
Verimark's dominant position as the market leader in South Africa is borne out by the following achievements by the company and its management:
To view more articles about Verimark, click here.
Verimark developed a business model that converges the power of Direct Marketing with the impressive volume benefits of wide but focussed Retail distribution.
- Direct Response TV (DRTV): We pioneered this form of marketing in South Africa more than 20 years ago and have always been the market leader (current market share in excess of 60%). As per a recent AC Nielsen Report, Verimark is today the 8th largest buyer of television airtime in Southern Africa.
- Retail / Chain Stores (more than 2000 outlets): Verimark not only pioneered the concept of a "shop within a shop" but we are today rated as one of the largest suppliers to the many chain stores with whom we work.
- Company Owned and Franchise Stores: We have 81 "As Seen on TV" Verimark stores, an achievement no other international DRTV company can claim!
- Exhibitions and Shows: We participate on a substantial scale in international consumer and trade shows.
- Internet and Database Marketing.
- International: Verimark has built an international client base in more than 40 countries.
Although we are proud of our past successes and achievements, we are more excited about the challenge the future holds. Verimark's passion and success proven business model will allow us to bring more of the best quality innovations not only to consumers in South Africa but also across the Globe.